Tuesday, February 06, 2007

ECFE Class

Class was good. I guess the preschool teacher is in charge of "Sib Care" and we have someone else. But she will still see the other teacher everytime we go, so her face will be familiar.

There are 5 families in the class. Daddy was the only daddy there. I like that daddy wants to be so active in doing things with us. Makes me proud to have him as my hubby. One family was missing and the other babies are 4.5 months, 5 months, & 9 months (Isabel is 8.5 mo.). I am not sure how old the missing baby is. It was fun to watch her interact with the other 9 month old girl, Annette.
Annette started taking away all Isabel's toys in the beginning and she just watched, as Isabel is kinda slow to warm up to people. But once she got warmed up she started stealing toys back.

She did really good at class even though it threw her sleep schedule off my an hour. She seemed to like it. She likes being around other babies.

One of my hopes with this class is that I will get to know some moms that might want to do some playdates this summer, since Isabel will not go to daycare much at all during the summer. I guess two of the moms are teachers at the school there, so they should have the summers off too. So, I guess we'll see.

The thing I found very interesting is that we were getting to know some of the families & kids that will eventually be in her class. Our town is small, so we will already know about 10% of her classmates just from taking this one class. We'll probably get to meet more through the years of taking local ECFE classes & local pool swim classes. Actually, now when I think of the kids ages the 4.5 month old probably misses the age cutoff for her and depending upon when the birthday of the 5 month old is she may or may not be in her class. Next year her classes will be different because her ECFE classes will be 1-3 year olds.

It was a nice class. I learned a couple new things.

No comments: