Friday, February 09, 2007

Snacker

Always Snacking
I knew she was going to be a snacker from the beginning. She never started drinking larger quantities of breastmilk at one time like other babies do. She still drink 2-3 ounces at a time several times a day. She hasn't increased in her food intake either, she just prefers to eat more often. She does this at home and at daycare.

This is My Teething Biscuit

She really likes her teething biscuits, Ritz sticks, puff snacks, Clifford Crunch, and sliced cheese. She tried some of my bagel with cream cheese this morning and seemed to like it. I also gave her a partial Oreo yesterday - boy did she make a mess with that. It was a good thing it was right before bath time.

She pretty routine on when she likes to have her meals, snacks, and beverages. She really likes routine. I read books on putting babies on s schedule before she was born and in her first few weeks. But that didn't really jive with us. I knew I needed some sort of schedule, but we let her dictate her own schedule. Some people can't believe that she goes to bed at 6:30pm. Often she doesn't see daddy in the evening because she is already asleep. She would be a bear if I tried to keep her up. She sleeps 11-12 hours every night. The days she sleeps less she usually takes a short nap in the morning and always take a 2-2.5 hour nap in the afternoon. We have the same routine most days after I pick her up.

Her daycare lady is starting a preschool program at her place. It will officially start this coming fall. She has hired a licensed teacher to come in twice a week for a couple hours to teach the pre-schoolers. She figured it was the best thing to do since it is inconvenient for her parents to get their kids to daycare at the public school.

No comments: