Saturday, July 08, 2006

7 Weeks in her Farm Clothes

Just Giddy With Excitement!

Here Isabel is wearing her farm clothes, not to be confused with barn clothes. In a few hours we are going to attempt to make the 5.5 hour drive to my parents farm so that the family there can meet her (my parents, my brother, my grandparents.) Anyone want to make bets on how long it will take us to get there? I am thinking 7 hours, Daddy says 8, our neighbor thinks it will be longer than 8. If it's taking longer than 8, than I think we are heading in the wrong direction & should be heading back home.

I just love this little Gymboree top (bought off of eBay), but didn't have anything to match it with until I found these pants at Carters. So cute! The little flowers have buttons on them (on both top & pants.)


Roadtrip!

Let's hope the happiness continues today.

She may need to be put to work once we get there, as she made daddy & I work hard last night trying to get her to go to sleep. I put her down at her normal bedtime, but she woke up after 45 minutes and we couldn't get her back down for 3 hours! She would come so close SO MANY TIMES! but then just bolt awake. It didn't help that she kept pooping her diaper and we had to keep changing. She would just poop a little at a time, but she needs to be changed right away or there will be no hope of her falling asleep. I think we changed her about 5 times in that 3 hours.

So, she slept 45 min., 4 hours, and then 2.5 hours. So, she's missing some much needed sleep. Maybe she'll sleep good on the car ride across Wisconsin. She seems unable to have a great day & great night. It's either one or the other. I would settle for middle of the road on both, but she seems to like making things a bit of a rollarcoaster for us.

Does this look like the face of a troublemaker?

If you would have asked me last night, I would have said YES! But today, she's happy and went down easily for her first nap (although she generally does, but she has trouble transitioning from light & deep sleep phases and wakes up after 45 minutes.) We'll be hitting 45 minutes here in 15 minutes and we'll see if she stays asleep. If her first nap starts out not so good, they usually continue that way all day and we could be in for a long day. I am just mentally preparing myself for the worst for this trip, because either that will come true and it won't be as bad because I expected it or it will be better, in which case - yeah!

No comments: