Monday, July 17, 2006

Going to the Beach?

The Hat

She may look like she is ready to go to the beach, but this little girl gets a heat rash in anything above 80 degrees and today it is supposed to reach 95 (which is leass than the weekend). Actually, I don't think it is supposed to be below 90 for a high at all this week. Hopefully, as all her bodily systems mature she'll be able to go outside when it gets hotter, because next summer I can take her to the pool for swimming lessons "Tiny Tots". It's for 6mo.-3years and the babes swim with a parent. I think that should be fun for both of us, provided she doesn't think the water is too cold.

The hat has straps that velcro under the chin, but she hates that. She doesn't mind hats, but doesn't like hats with straps that go under her chin. Looks like I should get the seam ripper out and modify this hat for her.

Hat & Sunglasses

Here she is saying, "How do I keep these things from falling off my nose? And why do you keep buying me these things, I hate sunglasses."

Today she is wearing a vintage romper with little flower, butterflies, & snails on it. It is paired with a basic white Gerber onesie and some light blue socks. The hat & sunglasses mom bought new and are from the same line at Gymboree (she also has a swimsuit that matches these & hopefully we can get her in it when we go up North {as we Minnesotans say it, yes, I am a Minnesotan now, I gave up all rights as a Wisconsinite years ago.)

Finally! No Accessories

This picture was actually taken after the hat & sunglasses were gone. She's a much happier baby here. Her long stretch of sleep last night was 5 hours, but she did make us work for it as she was difficult to put down. She slept 3 hours after that, but I think she was just taking many little cat naps or else she was talking in her sleep (she may take after mom afterall.) So, she was a pretty tired baby this morning. She is napping right now and I am watching her on the monitor as she struggles through sleep phases. She does poorly with sleep phase transitions when it comes to naps (yesterday was awful for sleep phase transitions), but she is doing ok with this one. She may make it without extra helping from mom.

Yesterday she was practicing rolling over from her stomach to her back. She would get the top half going, but couldn't get the bottom half to follow. She was seriously annoyed by that. She still hates tummy time, but she is tolerating it better and better and will get her head up a little higher each time. So, she's doing good.

Not sure that I will take her to the Newborn Clinic tomorrow because Thursday we have her 2 month doctor appointment, which she is going to hate. She'll get weighed and measured then, plus she'll get shots (that's the part she'll hate.) This time I think I will call before I leave to see if the doctor is running on schedule, as last time we waited a half hour before I finally went and asked for a room to nurse in (because she was getting fussy). A nurse came in shortly after and took her vitals & measurements, but then left us and we waited another 20 minutes. That is ridiculous to make people wait so long, especially when they have children. We don't live far from the clinic, so I will just call 10 minutes beforehand and check if she is on schedule or how far behind she is.

No comments: