Friday, July 14, 2006

Fingers Crossed

So Refreshed After a Good Night's Sleep
I am keeping my fingers crossed that she is starting to "sleep through the night" (all books say the definition of that is 5 or more straight hours, although daddy thinks it should be from the moment we put her down until we all wake up - but that's not fair, daddy tries to sleep in to 10 or later on weekends.) Anyways, last night the first segment was 7.25 hours (yes! over 7 hours, it was amazing!) and then she followed that up with a 2 hour segment. The night before her first segment was 6 hours. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I am not holding my breath.


Daddy Makes Her Laugh
Here she is playing with daddy. He is making funny sounds and faces at her. A lot of people have been telling me/him/us that she looks like him. I think he is pretty proud of that. Maybe she'll start to look more like mom as she grows older.

Last night her daycare provider came over to meet her. It went well and I feel better about letting her take care of Isabel. She seems to know what to do to calm her. We'll go visit the daycare a few times this summer. We go right by there when we go for our walks. Now, if we can only get her to take a bottle. Grandma M. is coming over today to relieve mom for a bit and try to get her to take a bottle. I hope she doesn't feel too pressured to try to make that happen. I am not expecting it to happen. I am expecting my stubborn child to remain that way. I have been reading online about cup feeding (here's another one) and that might be what we try next. Bottle feeding might just never be her thing.

This is an outfit you have seen before that came from Aunt Phanie. It may be the last time she gets to wear it.

No comments: