Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Little Bohemian?

Uh-oh!

Isabel is such a melting pot of cultures. And yes, she is a little Bohemian, and by little I mean she is about 6.25% Bohemian. Come to think of it, she is 6.25% of a lot of things (Irish, English, French, Belgium, Bohemian, Polish, & Jewish & Unknown.) She is also 37.5% German and 12.5% Luexumborg (ians?). So, any of those could be a little more because of the unknown.

Why the unknown? Well, some information about family decent is currently lost on daddy's side because of unknown maiden names a few generations ago on both maternal & parternal sides.

Last year, mommy was taking a class on counseling the family life cycle and one of the days we talked about cultural influences (sidebar: people concentrate on race too much and sometimes forget about all the different cultures that exist) and it got her to think just what we "were made of". There could actually be more unknown, but I am fairly certain that I have got it down to only 6.25% unknown. I had last names of some on daddy's side and was able to do some research on the origin of the last name, as well as pulled some information off a geneaology website, which gave me some more information about places of birth for one family. But without maiden names of grandmas (2 & 3 greats) it is hard to know exactly. Actually, since I did this research over a year ago, it is hard to remember - but it might be just one heritage I am missing.

So, there you have it. A melting pot of European decent.

I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

Isabel is in a good mood this morning. I think she got a good nights sleep. Yesterday her naps were crap and even with all the short naps, they still didn't make enough to give her enough sleep. So, she was a bit crabby yesterday and then mom got crabby too (because if baby isn't sleeping, mom isn't sleeping.)

The 3 of us tried to go out to eat to Timberlodge yesterday. She did just fine through the appetizer, but after that it sucked and we had the waitress give us boxes and we left. Although, 2-4 weeks ago we would not have even made it in the door (unless she was completey sleeping - the entire time!

Yeah! My Toes Are Free!

She is so happy when we take off her socks. Actually, she's happy when her diaper is off and all her clothes are off.

Her outfit today is courtesy of grandma M.'s friend Karen. Her friend has a baby girl who is roughly 1 year older than Isabel and she has no one to pass the clothes along to, so Isabel became the lucky recipient. This is a very cute outfit. Dad said she was dressed like a hippie. I prefer to say she looks Bohemian.

Today she is laying on one of her swaddling blankets that grandma M. made and in the background you can see a bit of the toybox grandma & grandpa S. made.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Looking at the pictures here, you would think that we had the happiest baby in the whole world! We should take more pictures at about 7pm when she's getting really cranky. That's the baby I usually get to see!

Drea said...

I love her shirt! I wish I had one my size