Monday, July 03, 2006

Smiles & Giggles

Introducing: Pierre & Sandy


Well, Isabel is starting to smile more and we don't have to work as hard to get those smiles. She smiles a lot at dad when she plays with him, probably because he sounsd so silly. Today was the first time she giggled, not a full blown laugh, but giggles. I wasn't there to see it. I missed it, but daddy was there. Actually, when he called me in to tell me I asked what he was doing with her, he said he was just playing with Pierre. I asked who Pierre was and he said it was the crab. He said Pierre even has a French accent (& is much like the crab in this commercial.) Daddy likes that commercial and laughs at it all the time. Pierre was a gift from our neighbor Cindy.

I told him she also likes the catepillar (something I bought) and daddy's response was, "Oh, you mean Sandy." We like to give her catepillar kisses with that one. We both do that and didn't even realize it until I saw him playing with it with her. I told him he has to let me know when he names her toys so I call them the same thing. He said he hadn't named anything else yet.

Daddy also can push her "buttons" right. He presses her chin and talks all high-pitched saying it's her chin, and she smiles. She also does it for her nose & ear, but when mom tries she just looks at me like I am not doing it right.

But I can get her smiling when we dance. She likes to dance with me. We usually dance to the Black Eyed Peas, but today for the first time we danced to Madonna's newest CD. She was being crabby and I put it on and she smiled and got quiet. I guess she likes Madonna. And she smiles while we dance. We only dance for 1 song during an active period. I don't want her to get too over stimulated and have trouble getting her down for a nap later.

We started doing this DVD, Leisa Hart: FitMama Postnatal Workout. There are sections for mom to do alone and then a "special features" section of baby & mom stuff. Pay no attention to the times listed on the DVD description, they are wrong. The "Dance with Me" part is 6 minutes. We've only done that one and she seems to like it. I tried to do the "Fitbaby" with her (which is 2.5 minutes), but that ws too much for her and she got fussy. Some otehr time we'll add it in. The "Tummy Time" is 3 minutes and "Quiet Time" is 2.5 minutes. The "Stroller Time" is just a short demonstration of what you can do in your stroller. I haven't done any of the mom only ones yet.

We (Isabel & I) try to go for a walk most days. It's been hot & humid so we haven't gotten out, but last night I put the Snugli on & walked on the treadmill with her for a while. She seemed to like the mirrors set up there on the walls nd since the treadmill is right next to the wall she was close enough to see herself. So, walking on the treadmill went just fine.

1 comment:

Drea said...

We have that lil crab toy. Caleb still likes it and he is almost 2.

I did windsor pilates after having Caleb... I started workingout about 6 weeks after he was born.

It was hard but did soooo much for me. I recommend that to anyone.