Saturday, July 22, 2006

9 Week Old Pictures

Oh, Please....Stop...You are Making Me Blush.



No, really, stop. I am tired and need to eat and sleep. I was too busy looking at things last night and had so much on my mind that I didn't get in a lot of sleep.

Yesterday I read her the book Ruby in Her Own Time. We got the soft cover version as part of our baby classes. Anyways, it made me think that when she is ready to accept a bottle for more than an ounce, she will. She took 1/2 ounce from Carrie, but she may have taken more if she was not so sleepy. She was sleepy pretty much all day from her immunizations. So, we'll keep offering her some several times a week. Next week Carrie is going to try again & mom is going to leave for a little longer.

See My Cute Little Duckies

Today's outfit is something mom picked up at JC Penney. The cute little socks are from Gymboree & are a perfect match to the dress outfit. This outift is big enough that it should actually fit her for a while. Some of the other 3-6 month stuff already is seeming too small, especially anything to do with length.

This week mom started working on a Christmas stocking for Isabel. I know it's only mid-July, but I figure by the time I may get it finished it may be Christmas already. I had bought a pattern a few years ago for something else in the pattern. I got the pattern cut out & the pieces cut out (outside & liner) and have the trim, tassles, & thread to start assembling it. I just need to get the cord that goes around the outside, but that is handstitched on at the end, so it's not big hurry. I thought she needed a homemade stocking, as both mommy & daddy have stockings someone made for them.

Knock, Knock!

Whose there? It's Isabel.

Isabel has been getting a lot of practice strengthening those neck muscles. Everyday she does head-ups. We add one every or every other day. She's doing a great job and lifting her head higher & higher and holding it up longer & longer. We also just started doing sit-ups (where mom pulls her up by her arms and she lifts her head as we do it.) She seems to think those are fun. But she does gete pretty tired after doing exercises.

Reading that Baby Book by the Sears clan that we got from Tony & Carol has been very helpful. Each month it tells you about the different skill sets that they will be developing and how to encourage those things and different ways to play with your baby that month to help them learn. So, I like all the different ideas that we can try.

No comments: