Thursday, July 13, 2006

Progress?

Yesterday we went to visit some friends and she did ok. A little fussy, but not too bad. But taking naps was not her forte yesterday. She would sleep for 45 minutes stretches, all day. So, mom didn't get a whole lot accomplished. But usually when her day isn't the greatest, her night will be better & vice versa. She struggled to stay asleep in the beginning for nighttime sleep, but once down she slept 6 hours in her first stretch. Yeah! And then 2.5 hours the second stretch, which probably would have been longer had she not filled her diaper, and we know how she feels about a poopy diaper. And then it was 5:30am and she was up. I like it better when she wakes up at 6/6:30, not this 5/5:30 stuff. Who would have ever thought I would say I like getting up at 6/6:30? Now if we could only get daddy to get up earlier. I almost wish we were doing formula so he had to get his butt out of bed.

Yesterday evening she even sat in the swing for 20 minutes, normally she hates the swing and cries after 2 minutes. But every once in a while I try again. So after 20 minutes then she had enough and I put her on her playmat on the main level and put the heartbeat bear there too. She scooted over a foot towards the bear, although I am not sure it was for the bear or trying to get closer to the TV to watch the Simpsons. But she did both those things for 20 minutes a piece and it allowed me time to make & eat dinner, as daddy wasn't home yet to take her off my hands. She has never been content being awake & not being cuddled or entertained by someone for that long of time. It might have been a fluke, but I'll take it.

Today's outfit is a RL polo dress (again, a 6 mo. one) & some Gymboree socks. The socks have little pink & black cats on them. Aren't they cute?

No comments: