Thursday, July 13, 2006

Like Mother, Like Daughter? Like Dad?

Boy, am I full of questions today.

I thought it would be interesting to see when mom hit certain milestones & when Isabel hits them. I don't have daddy's baby book (although he was the youngest, so there might not be anything in it - mine -- being the oldest -- has quite a bit for the first year until my brother was born), so if Grandma M. has this info written down in his baby book or remembers, it would be good to compare his stuff with Isabel's as well. Gives us some idea of when we might expect her to reach these milestones as well.

__________Mom_____ Isabel______ Dad
First Smile___ 4 weeks____ 4 weeks
First Laugh___4 weeks____ 6 weeks______12 weeks
Rolled Over__12 weeks____******* ______15 weeks
Walked (w/help)_20 weeks
First Tooth___29 weeks
Stood Up____30 weeks____******* ______7 1/2 mo.
Sat Up______24 weeks ___******** ______6 mo.
Waved Bye___28 weeks
Crawled_____31 weeks____*******______8 mo.
Walked Alone _9 1/2 mo.
Walked across Room_11 mo.
Drank from Cup_11 3/4 mo.
Reaches for Object________******* ______3 1/2 mo.
Picks Up Objects_________******** _______4 mo.
It says what my first words were, but not when.

Comments about my teeth - wow! I was pretty old for my first tooth, wasn't I. But after they started coming, they didn't stop. I got another one 2 weeks later, then 2 more a month after the second, 2 more after the four, 2 more after the 6, then a 3 month break and got 2 more, then a 2 month break and got 2 more, then a 2 month break and got 3 more.....and then molars later....

6 comments:

Andy said...

So, what was your first word(s)?

Lame Shrill Owl said...

ma ma & da da.....not sure if they were in that order or not. Maybe Grandma S. can clue us in which I said first.

My first phrase was "ah gi goggy" (I get doggy)

And I guess I used to say "peas" (please) for candy & cookies, but that was at 14 months.

And as we approach the 2 month mark for Isabel we can compare length & weight. I was 22.75" long and weighed 13lb.9oz.
We already know she surpassed my in length, but guess we'll see about weight, if she gains about 3/4 lb. (like she was been) she'll be about the same weight. Not bad for alittle girl who started out over 2 pounds less at birth.

That little girl is a little crabby today.

Andy said...

That's just because she misses her daddy.

Drea said...

walking at 9 1\2 months! wow thats early. Caleb was 13 months.

CatWoman said...

Love these chunks of cheeks! Didn't she laugh in her sleep before 6 weeks? I've seen so many babies smile in their sleep weeks after birth.

Mom of Two said...

She has been smiling in her sleep & when she nurses since day 1, but I don't recall ever hearing a laugh or giggle from her in her sleep. Or maybe she did and I didn't pay much attention to it since those aren't the "real" ones.