Sunday, July 02, 2006

Savings Account for Isabel

I just opened a savings account for Isabel with Wells Fargo. They sure ask you a lot of information to find out anything about your account. They first give you this long disclosure about their anti-terrorism efforts & to prevent money laundering and that they are going to verfiy all sorts of things (name, middle inital, address, phone, DOB, account #, SSN, & DL #). Which they did ask for all of that.

It was nice though that I didn't need to go in. I could do everything over the phone and then they will send me the agreement in the mail to sign & mail back (which they said I should have within 2 business days.)

They don't tell you on their website that a minor does not have a monthly service fee and only needs a minimum of $25. So, that is one things I wanted to get done for her. I still need to go in & get a copy of her birth certificate (which I will need if I want to get her a passport, which we will need now if we ever want to travel anywhere out of the country with her.)

No comments: