Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy! Happy!

She's Happy!
Isabel has many happy wishes for everyone.
Happy Fourth of July!
Happy Birthday Uncle Al!
Happy Day!

I have a little red flower snappy thing in my hair. It's pretty light so I can actually wear it and it doesn't slip out or pull on my hair. It just adds to my cuteness. Do you like how festive mom dressed me? I wonder what she'll do at Thanksgiving, Christmas, & Easter. Oh! And we can't forget Halloween. As long as they are comfortable, I don't fuss about what she puts me in.


Just another pose of me. We don't have a weight this week, since the Newborn Clinic is not open due to the holiady. But mom did take head and length measurements. I am still 23" long, but my head grew to 15.5" in circumference (that's again of 1/4" over lst week.)


This picture wasn't really in focus, but mom thought I looked cute and had to post it.

We hope she has another great day. Yesterday was really nice. She giggled for the first time and was really interactive in her play. Daddy was able to watch a sample DVD from Beechnut with her. It was a freebie and had 10 minutes of Classical music put to animation & images. After 7 minutes she fussed a little, it maybe that was her limit of TV images or she didn't like the little "cartoon musical" that was on, the images where a little busy. Although, when we did that exercise DVD yesterday she handled the 6 minutes of the 1st one and only about a minute of the second one, so maybe around 7 minutes is her limit. I do have some other developmental videos (same thing - classical music to animation & images), but they are all 30 minutes. So, this little freebie is a keeper. It was very cute to watch her & daddy. He would explain all the things in the scenes and provide commentary.

I tried reading to her again, but she got fussy. She was more interested in eating than being read to. Some day soon she is bound to like being read to. I had tried a video 3 weeks ago and she had no interest in it them.

After reading a bunch of books about helping the baby organize her sleep & wake cycles I figured out a "schedule" (I use that word loosely, because it is still based on the baby's rhythms) she seems happier and we are happier because we're not always trying to get her to go to sleep. It also helps that she has more interest in things and we can do more with her rather than just holding her & rocking.

Last night she slept 3.5, 3, & 3. She might not be pulling those long sleep times like she did the other day, but I think that ws due to being up so long being fussy before bedtime. The first feeding time came when we came to bed (we actually got to hang out in the backyard having a bonfire with the neighbors, it was nice, no peep on the monitor from her.) So, really I only had to get up once in the middle of the night to feed her and then after it was morning.

What is also nice is that her elimination system is matureing more and she is not pooping all the time. The last 3-4 days she has not pooped at night, but then let's it all come out first thing after waking for the morning. So, I don't have to change her at every night feeding, which made it easier to get her back to sleep after feeding at that middle of the night feeding.

Today, when we were playing with Pierre, she did a really good job tracking and follownig with her head.

3 comments:

Drea said...

Soo cute!

Mom of Two said...

The dress is actually a size 12mo.

Who sizes these things? She's only 6.5 weeks old.

Anyways, I picked this up used. We wore it twice now and shuold be able to wear it a couple more times.

Drea said...

Sizes never worked for my son...
I just eye'd things haha.
He wears some 3T stuff already and he isnt even 2!
But then again some stuff fits him thats 18-24mo... strange...