Thursday, October 02, 2008

Apple Picking Picture


Well, Isabel & I cored & sliced 13 apples (it's all that would fit into the dehydrator) and put them in the food dehydrator. When the thought to do that popped in my head I remembered that would also be a good idea to dry my oregano. I have oregano, chives & sage in my herb garden that come back every year. And I am out of dried oregano & chives. So I think I will dry some of those in my next dehydrator batch. I may also freeze some of them (in ice cubes) as well to use in soups so that I have some freshly frozen herbs on hand.
So, I think this afternoon we'll go harvest the oregano & chives since we were nipped by some frost last night and I don't want to tempt mother nature and have her ruin my herbs that I have plans for. I am also hoping to get some grapes to make some jam with. Yesterday one of my friends asked me if I wanted any, as her daughter had a bunch at her place that she wanted to get rid of.

No comments: