Thursday, October 02, 2008

Apple Picking w/ Playgroup

We went apple picking with our playgroup today. Even though we have some apple trees here, there just isn't a good selection this year. We had 4 apple trees and one was lost in the storm in July, another has ripe apples at the beginning of July (so it's too late for that one), another one had many of the apples blown off, and the 4th tree was struck by lightning and has a big dead branch in it w/ rotting apples attached that will have to be removed. So, our apple selection here this year is slim. Anyways, it was fun to go somewhere else to pick apples & get bigger ones, as our are always smaller apples. Now to decide what I will make with them. I am sure daddy will like it if we make an apple pie and I was thinking I may make & can apple sauce with the rest. Although it could be fun to use my dehydrator and make apple slices too.

No comments: