Thursday, June 22, 2006

Another Growth Spurt Coming Up

Babies go through growth spurts at 2-3 weeks (she was closer to 2 weeks), at 6 weeks, 3 months, & 6 months. She is 5 weeks this Satuday, so I assume we should expect her to start going through her growth spurt any day now. Last time she got fussier (not fun!) and wanted to nurse so much that I just would have ripped off my boobs & hand them to her.

So, I think I better get all those 0-3 month clothes on her that I wanted to see her in, because they won't fit very soon. Unless.....her growth spurt makes her grow longer (& not wider) because a lot of the items there is still some length left to them. So, maybe, just maybe.

I do have this one cute top from Gymboree that I really want to see her in. It has this cow on the front, by some flowers. It's very cute. I got some pants from Carter's (with flowers on the cuffs) to go with them. It just hasn't been a pants wearing day in a while.

Oh. I have to mention that daddy got her to take a bottle last night. He thinks it is because of the milk he used. It was from the first time I pumped when I was engorged. So, it is colostrum mixed with milk. He said she was refusing the bottle and them she actually tasted the milk and wanted it. He couldn't give it to her fast enough, she wanted it so bad. He would squirt milk in her mouth before, but he was giving her recent stuff. Tonight she will get the next colostrum/milk bottle. Each subsequent bottle will have more milk & less colostrum (as you can tell by the color) and hopefully she'll do fine with the straight milk from a bottle in a few days.

1 comment:

Mom of Two said...

When I look at my own baby book, I an see the growth spurt @ 2-3 weeks, but it doesn't look like I went through much of a growth spurt at the 6 week mark, but I did go through a big growth spurt around the 3 month mark. I must have been one crabby baby then. I didn't gain a ton of weight at that point, but I grew lengthwise like a weed.

I like that I have all that information about myself to compare with Isabel. Although, my starting weight was much higher, but she is gaining weight at a rapid pace. Length we were about the same.

I am sure I only have this info because I was the first born. My baby book has a lot of stuff in it until I hit 1, then it pretty much stops.