Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Little Peanut

Just took this picture, literally just seconds ago. Yesterday, I took her to the Amazing Newborn Clinic to get her weighed. Well, she is definitly eating well. She put on another pound and weighs 8 lbs. 11 oz. now. Last night I was noticing that she seems longer as well and that it won't be too long before she outgrows her bassinet. Oh, what will mom do then. She'll have to get over it and put her in her crib in the nursery (I don't want to put the crib in our room). Anyways, I just measured her when I took the picture and she is 22.25" long (which is 1" longer than her birth length & also what they had measured (21.25) her a week ago.) So, she's growing fast. I thought she was supposed to go through a growth spurt @ 3 weeks. Either she's early or she's going to get even bigger this next week.

We had one of the best nights yet with her (I say we, but I mean me - now that daddy is back at work and I can take a nap in the afternoon I don't make him get up to check her diaper & make sure she just needs changing.) She's been increasing her sleep time @ night, which is wonderful. Last night we had two 2.5 hour stretches of sleep in a row (with nursing after each) and she slept in her bassinett both times. After than she had 2 shorter periods of 1.25-1.5 hours (with nursing afterwards), but she wanted to be in our bed during that time (otherwise she'll fuss a lot and keep mom up). But I am starting to master nursing while laying down. That is working out pretty slick for when she wants to sleep with us. Much more efficient that getting up and sitting in the rocker with the boppy and trying to put her back down, when she nurses in bed with us she just falls asleep and I just cover my breast back up (daddy think I should just start sleeping topless) and continue sleeping.

This week for visitors -- I took her into my work on Monday (after my appt.) so that some people there could meet her. This weekend her Uncle Tony & Aunt Carol are going camping at the local (to us) state park and are going to come visit her.

No comments: