Sunday, June 11, 2006

Life Lessons on Raising a Daughter

When I was pregnant and daddy & I were shopping at Motherhood Maternity (& we already knew we were having a girl), he asked me to buy him the book Father to Daughter, Lessons on Raising a Girl. It is a very cute little book, filled with 378 pages of bits of advice. I thought maybe I would share some with you from time to time.

#14: Let her sleep on your chest when she's a baby. This is when the world begins to make sense.

#24: Her mom will show her how to bake chocolate chip cookies. You show her how to dunk them in milk.

#41: Realize that as your shape her, she will shape you.

#47: Always remember, she can do anything a boy can do.

#58: Play catch with her. Even if the ball is pink and covered with glitter.

More to come later......

No comments: