Tuesday, June 20, 2006

One Month Old Today!

Isabel is One Month old today! I bought this outfit at Carter's this weekend to wear today to celebrate being one month old. It's actually a tank style top, but it was too chilly this morning to have her bare chubby arms out. So I put a pink onesie on underneath.


Just look at those chubby cheeks. You can tell she is a good eater. I took her to the Newborn Clinic (we were able to make it after all) and she weighs 10 pounds 6 ounces. It makes sense that many of her 0-3 month clothes are fitting perfect now. Next week they probably won't fit anymore. It's so funny - because at one week they were falling off of her and now she is going to outgrow them already. They grow so fast. I also meaured her length today (still the same 22.25) and head (now 15".)

So, I wanted to figure out just what percentile she was in for everything and I found this site that will calculate it. At birth she was in the 95th percentile for length, between 25th&50th percentile for weight, and 75th percentile for head circumfernce. Now at one month she is is between 50th&75th percentile for length & weight and 50th percentile for head circumference. So, it seems like she is right in the middle of everything at one month old.

4 comments:

Mom of Two said...

Oh! She smiled for daddy for the first time today. I think he was a little jealous that she started smiling for me on Saturday.

Andy said...

Yeah, she looks freakishly long in that first pic. It must be the angle or something.

I think she's storing acorns in her cheeks or something. They're huge! And her head, it's always so shiny.

I really appreciated her smiles this morning, 'cuz I was pretty frustrated wtih her. I changed her, then she was suddenly really happy so I tickled her a bit and she smilled. Did it twice, too. It was fun.

Meegs said...

What a cutie! Happy one month!

Mom of Two said...

The nurses at the newborn clinic said her shiny skin was a good thing. I guess she owes that to the oily genes she got from her father.