Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Favorite Things

Pictured here is Isabel and two of her favorite things: playing with the mirror toy & being naked. She much prefers the diaper off, but I'm not doing those photos. Plus, I try to limit her diaper off time, as I know I am tempting fate and she'll ge her breastfed, yellowy, seedy, loose stool all over the place. That stuff stains almost instantly. Thankfully, Jessi gave me some Dreft stain remover as a present.


Her other favorite thing (not pictured) is feeding at the breast. She may poop a lot, but she is not fond of it and hates farting. She hates hiccups, but gets them daily. She used to hate yawning, but I think she is getting used to that feeling. Sometimes, she isn't fond if sleeping either. She's usually fighting herself to stay up for that first nighttime sleep, after that first nighttime one she generally is easy to get bak to sleep at night, after you feed her or course.

She likes swinging her arms & legs around, but doesn't have very good control yet and hates it when she hits herself in the head. I have to laugh at her when she does that. She'll hit herself in the head & then cry and look at me like I am supposed to fix it, but I tell her it's her own fault and she has to stop hitting herself.

She likes to be swaddled, when she's tired. If she's not quite tired, she'll fight it and try to wiggle out. Daddy doesn't wrap as tight and she can normally wiggle an arm or two out.

She seems to like being tickled. It's a good way to get her to smile. Daddy is waiting for the time when she learns to laugh.

No comments: