Friday, June 09, 2006

Making Up for Stuff

Well, sleep is definitly on the top of the list. I did manage to get in a decent nap yesterday afternoon with Isabel. By evening I was beginning to worry that we would have a repeat of the night before...but luckily dad stepped in and gave mom a sanity break. Actually - he had stuff to make up for from the morning. Yesterday morning I asked him to change her early morning diaper (he had to get up soon for work anyways), but he totally blew me off. I was a little upset, as I had only 3 hours of interrupted sleep the entire night. Then before he leaves he complains of being super tired and I told him he was preaching to the choir. I don't think he saw the tears in my eyes as he left the room. I was just hoping the day would be different thant he night was. And it was, although she was pretty cranky in the morning and wanted to be held as she slept, which made it impossible to get anything done. I tried the sling, but she screamed in that. I'll keep trying though. Daddy did call & apologize later when he realized what an idiot he was and told me I should have punched him and said that anything he says in the first 3 minutes of the day should not count towards anything, but I am still allowed to punch him if he sounds like an idiot.

So, when daddy came home yesterday after work. He took Isabel and got to work. He gets home during that baby "happy" hour (6-8pm). He did manage to calm her nicely, got a short little nap with her and got her to take her pacifier. He was being persistent yesterday and wasn't going to call in for backup when she started to get too fussy (which is good that she learns someone else can help soothe her besides mom.) Then to my amazement, he was able to get her to to go to sleep around 9pm. He was trying to give her a bottle (he said she took it for a second but was shocked when milk came out of it because she probably thought it was a pacifier, but then refused again after that - but it's progress) and then ended up rocking her to sleep. This was the first time mom didn't have to nurse her to sleep or nurse her and pass her off. So, I'm excited. Dad scored big points last night.

So, I got some baby-free time. I had to eat supper alone again, and watched a little tv and read a little and did little things around the house. It's really amazing how much you can make yourself get done when you know you only may have a very short amount of time but many things to do.

No comments: