Friday, June 30, 2006

A Better Day (so far!)

Here she is playing with her toy. So far (fingers crossed & knocking on wood) today has been a much better day. Last night was nice. Her first stint of sleep lasted 4.25 hours. The longest she ever slept at one time at night was 3.5 hours, this is a whole 45 minutes longer. The second stint was 2.5 hours. I think she could have lasted a little longer, but I heard her farting & pooping & mom's boobs were about to burst. So, she got out of bed.

When daddy & I watched this video about the 5 S's, there were moms on there that were just so happy that their baby was sleeping 4 hours straight. We watched this before we had her and just couldn't imagine the sense of relief these moms had. Well, now I can. I feel so much more rested. I never, ever, thought I would be so happy about 4.25 hours. I think she owed me that after yesterday.

Here she is looking up as I hold her toy up so I can take a picture through the bars. She saying, "Hey mom! I was looking at that!"

3 comments:

Andy said...

You should post the Pirate picture.

Mom of Two said...

ok - done.

Mom of Two said...

Something amazing just happened -- she was sleeping for about 35 minutes and then just started wailing like something awful happened (maybe she had a bad dream). I went in and picked her up and held her and rocked her for 2 minues and she went back to sleep. That's never happened before. Makes me hopeful.