Friday, March 09, 2007

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Cream Cheese Face
Every morning mommy has to share her bagel with cream cheese on it with Isabel. She loves it. The good thing is that I eat the nice high fiber bagels and she likes it, so she doesn't have to get used to white bagels and then fight with her later on to eat a healthier bagel.

Pictures for Daddy

I was taking pictures with both the digital camera and my camera phone. I wanted pictures for the blog and to send to daddy this morning.

The Good
We went to the ECFE rummage sale with Carrie this afternoon. The clothes were fill a bag for $5, so that's what we did. We got 20 pieces and they were all really nice that I picked out. We also got 5 books (they were 5 for $1) and some big lego type things for $2, and a learning Elmo for 25 cents (it's the kind that has a zipper and a buckle and a snap and a crinkle spot, etc.) I spent a grand total of $8.25 and got some really great items.

The Bad
We miss daddy.

The Ugly
So, little girl got some naked baby time in the crib before bathtime. Undoubtly she will take a pee or a poop if we take her diaper off. This time she pooped out these two huge logs on the laps pads I had in there. Ok - easy enough to quickly clean up. Then she took a little tinkle, not a big deal. Then I went to get the bath started, check my email quick, take my clothes off so I could take a bath with her and I was gone maybe 5 minutes and I didn't hear a peep. Finally I heard one loud grunt and went in there and saw the bumper, the sheet, her lovey, her baby doll, the rattles she was playing with, her pacifier and her all covered in poop. It was disgusting. The only good thing was that I was already naked so she wasn't going to get anything else dirty. I have to say again, it was disgusting! Everything is either in the washer or the dishwasher right now. Gross!

Other Stuff: Tomorrow we plan to check out the Whole Living Expo in Northfield and if time allows we plan to stop at the co-op and pick up some groceries, and if time really allows we plan to go to the Safety Fair at the local high school. It is geared towards families and they are doing fingerprinting there. Although, baby girl has been sleeping a lot the last week or so. She has been taking 2 long naps (1.5-2.5 hours) a day at daycare and 1 short one (30-45 minutes) when she gets home with me. She must be going through a growth spurt or something with all that sleeping.

She is getting closer to crawling and standing up on her own. She pulls herself up to her knees and is starting to pull a little further. And now she gets her stomach and butt completly off the floor onto all fours, but that is as far as she goes she doesn't know what to do then and is working on holding it. So, though large muscle groups are really starting to get a workout.

I'll probably try to measure her tomorrow to see if her length has changed much in the past 2 weeks. Tomorrow she is 42 weeks old.

No comments: