Tuesday, December 30, 2008

January Theme: Winter

Speaking of winter -- the snow is really comiong down outside right now.

I don't know what the theme on the LLL blog is for January. We will supplement with that. But my plans are to do a winter theme.

Some of the things I plan to do with her are:
* Wintersports (sledding, ice skating, snowshoeing might be fun too, hiking)
* Crafts (snowflakes out of paper, glittery snowballs out of string, paperplate snowman, q-tip snowflakes, marble mittens)
* Books about Winter & Hibernation
* Learn about Ice (Ice/Koolaid painting, juice pops made oustide, colored cubes in the bath)
* Coloring pages: Winter Counting Book, Prepare for Winter Weather, Snowflakes, Snowman, Snow Angel
* Winter themed games (mitten matching, snowman matching game on felt board)
* Snacks/Food (snowman made out of marshmellows, raisins & pretzels; pancakes made into snowmen dusted with powdered sugar; rice krispie snowmen, make some more snow ice cream)
* Songs:
  • (We did this one at the O-ECFE class) A chubby little snowman Had a carrot nose; Along came a rabbit And what do you suppose? That hungry little bunny, Looking for his lunch, Ate the snowman's carrot nose... Nibble, Nibble, Crunch!
  • Sung to: "I'm a little teapot"Here's a little snowman Short and fat Here is my broom and here is my hat When the sun comes out I tremble with fear 'cause soon I'll melt and disappear!

No comments: