Sunday, May 07, 2006

Ahhhhh! Breathe.....

I needed this morning......I went to Northfield to the Meditation Center for the 9am sitting.....but before I get there I have a 1/2 hour ride to crank up the radio and sings as loud as I want and pretend I am the world's greatest singer (as a side note, only in MN can you find a radio station that plays only polkas & waltzes on Sunday, of course the radio station is from New Ulm which makes sense.)

So, after singing for a 1/2 hour I get to the Center and sit down and the bell is rung to begin meditation. As soon as the first bell was struck my body just sank and instantly relaxed. I might need to borrow it for the labor. And then I did the half hour sitting....it's just amazing how much more centered I feel. Wow.

Then I went to the Co-op, the 2nd part of my routine on Sunday mornings to Northfield (someday we may move there, we really like Northfield.) And it was like everything was on sale that I wanted to be on sale to help with these last days of pregnancy, the labor, and afterward.

The raspberry leaf teaf, the Mother's Milk tea blend (helps promote lactation), ginger hard candies (helps with nausea), Recharge juice blend (which the checkout guy said that they used when his wife was in labor at the advice of their midwife and he said they thought it worked), some of these organic wheat crackers (like Wheat Thins, but organic and lacking in hydrogenated oils) and this organic milk chocolate with a truffle filling (both the crackers & chocolate are snacks for us for after - you know after then make me starve for nearly a full day. I told daddy I might be a challenge during the labor 'cuz I get cranky when I am lacking in sleep or am hungry - I am fairly predictable with those things.)

And it's such a beautiful day. The sun is out.....the baby has been active this morning, so I know things are going good in there for her (which is something I worry about, as daddy had a co-worker who lost her baby last year a few weeks before her due date because the baby got the cord wrapped around it's neck too tight and she noticed the baby hadn't moved at all that day - SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME!)

Time to go outside. It smells fantastic out there....the tulips, the rhodednron bushes, the crabapple tree, the four blooming apples trees.....all wonderful smells.

No comments: