Thursday, May 11, 2006

Not Quite

So, last night was a long night. Mildly frustrating since it did not result in going to the hospital to deliver.

I started out the evening with awful constant low back pains. Took a bath to help relieve that, but it didn't help much, but it is when my contractions started. They were about 10 minutes apart for an hour, then they went to about 7 minutes apart for another hour. It was towards the end of that hour that we called the hospital to see how "average" of 5 minutes apart they needed to be.

We found out who was on call -- not my doc, which we knew already -- but the doctor whose picture I find kinda creepy. Daddy doesn't help the situtation, as he says the guy probably has they long boney fingers, like Mr. Burns on the The Simpsons, and will tap them on stuff making an eerie noise and tap them together saying "Excellent!" Well, that doesn't help me too much at all and makes me even more creeped out by the guy. I've never met him, so I have no reason to be creeped out, it's all based on his picture (plus his last name is creepy sounding, but I don't think it's appropriate for me to type that here. But if you really want to know what he looks like and his last name - drop me an email and I will send you a link to the clinic's website and give you the name{s}) So, I have no experience to base those creepy feelings on.

So, after the phone call, the continued to be 7 minutes apart for a while. They said because I was low-risk I could choose to come in right away and get checked out or stay home for a while and see if they happen more frequently. I chose to stay home (daddy says it's because I wanted to avoid "Creepy Mc Long Fingers" - again, no reason to base any of that on, we have no reason to believe that he even has long fingers.) I asked daddy to rub my back because after 2 hours of CONSTANT low back pain, I needed some relief and the hot bath and the hot pack just didn't do it and Tylenol normally doesn't help & there is notthing else I can take right now.

Well, while he was giving me the back rub the back pain subsided THANKFULLY, and so did the contractions. I spent the next 3 hours with irregular contraction happening anywhere from every 7-15 minutes. Although all of the contractions the entire night last between 40-60 seconds. The irregular contractions didn't stop there, they have continued to be 20-30 minutes apart through the rest of (well, by this time is almost morning) and though now. My contractions have been about 20 minutes apart this morning as well and I am pretty tired.

I tried to sleep as much as I could though the 20-30 minute apart ones, but it does wake you up and you have to start over again.

The baby doesn't seem to care much for them. It's like she is fighting back after each one. When I have one, I don't feel her moving at all, but once it's over she starts kicking and punching as if she were saying "Knock that shit off!"

The good news is now it's working hours and my Dr. would be available and tonight is his night to be on call, so for about the next 36 hours I would be able to have my own doc if I go into labor. He's not on call this weekend, a different doc is (but not the one that creeps me out, actually I just checked out his picture {of the 3rd doc} again because I couldn't remember what he looks like & nope, not creeped out at all.)

So, here's hoping for a baby in the next 36 hours! I'm going to try to go get some sleep through these 20-30 minute ones, so that I am more ready for when the big ones come.

No comments: