Friday, May 19, 2006

Deal or No Deal!

Ok - so there is only a 5% chance that a baby is born on their due date.

But as we get closer to the due date & a possible induction date, I am beginning to feel like we are playing Deal or No Deal, but I have sooooooo much less control than the contestants. In my case, it's the banker (or baby) who has the control.

So, considering that there are 6 days until the induction date (including that date), there is about a 16% chance that my baby will be born on her due date, but still a 16% chance I will need to be induced on Wednesday. But on the flip side, there is an 84% chance I won't have to be induced. We won't even think about that the induction might not take, I don't even know where to begin figuring out those chances. It's like the birthday is the amount inside that suitcase I picked, but I have a whole slew of people cheering on for a certain amount (date). My original choice was May 14th, maybe I should change it to Monday, since no one has it. Here is what people are picking.

Today (Friday - their chances are quickly diminishing):
* Grandpa S.
* Cindy

Tomorrow (Saturday):
* Grandma S. (hmmmmm, not sure she wants to be grandma, are you still wanting to be nana?)
* Daddy
* Oldest Uncle Brian
* Blog Reader Alison (it's her birthday Saturday, Happy Birthday!)

Sunday:
* Kinky Phanie Gates (teehee!, her aunt whose birthday this is)
* Sonya (co-worker of mom's)

Monday:
* NO ONE

Tuesday:
* Kristin

Wednesday:
* Uncle Al (although, he's going against the doctor and saing it's a boy)
* Tony (co-worker of mom's)

And then there are a whole slew of people who wait until May 29th.

I can't remember what all the dates the kids at work picked.

After today passes, there will be a 20% chance whe'll be born on those due dates and a 80% chance of no induction.

No comments: