Monday, May 08, 2006

Still Plugging Along

So, we just finished 38 weeks and are not 2 days into the 39th week. I've read that most babies are delivered between 38-42 weeks, so now we're in the average range.

I am very tired today, as I was having lots of BH contractions through the night. Some gave me backaches, and then some I was trying to stay awake to see how long it would last and the next would begin - just in case they might have been the real thing.....but nope - still pregnant. My uterus is getting a real workout.

We did the pre-birth blessing yesterday. I asked the minister to do a little blessing that she would come last night so I wouldn't have to go to work today. No such luck. I'm at work today and feeling uncomfortable. I would really rather be home with my feet up, but I have to work until "the" day.

Tomorrow I have my next Dr. appt, so we'll how much further along I am. I hope I am further along and not measuring the same.

The baby keeps moving between being on my right side and back facing my belly (all head down, she's been head down forever). You can feel her little butt sticking out depending upon where she is. When her back is facing my belly she kicks & punches at my organs and that has lead to some weird sensations. Some make you sit up and pay attention. She been hanging out there with back facing belly (the best position for delivery - check out the facing backward headfirst, this is what she's been like) quite a bit, so hopefully she favors that during the actual delivery and makes it a little easier on dear 'ole mom.

2 comments:

Meegs said...

Now don't you go keeping yourself awake at night. Even (actually more like, especially!) in the early stages of labor it is important to get some rest. Don't worry, your body will wake you up if it is time!!

Mom of Two said...

I try to stay asleep, as much as she will let me. But if it looks like a lost cause I just assume get up and do some stuff and drink some tea and try to get back to bed.