Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Saga Continues......

Just a few updates as we get nearer & nearer and then you don't see any posts for a while from me, or maybe a post from daddy saying we became parents.

We had maternity photos taken today. The photographer came out to our house to do them. We did a bunch in the backyard, some on the front porch, and some in the house in front of a drop cloth. I did some of the half n*de kind where I am clutching my bre*sts. So, we'll see which ones I share with you.

I closed the expectnet.com pool last night, since it looks like people have entered anything in a few days and in light of my most recent exam thought it best to keep people from changing. Tony has the earliest date, so we'll see if he gets the bragging rights, or maybe I'll go out a little later and get to my date. Or maybe those guessing the doctor is wrong and went for the boy will come out ahead.

Started passing the mucous plug today. Or maybe it was the whole thing - what do I know. I called daddy into the bathroom and showed him. I think he was temporarily grossed out, but he got over it.

Right now the baby is kicking the shit out of me.

We didn't get the tree planted yet, but it will happen. It would have just been sitting in the Garden Center @Lowe's waiting for someone to buy it anyways.

4 comments:

Mom of Two said...

We also got taught to install car seats professionally on Tuesday at the EFCE Amazing Newborn Clinic. So, they are both properly installed in out vehicles and we can safely bring home our bundle of joy when we have her.

One of my CC students from last semester was there with her 2 month old and we watched him get weighed & stuff and also watched a 1 week old get weighed. The mom was a little worried the baby wasn't eating enough & wasn't latching on, but after weighing her they found that the weight gain was well above what they expect, so she looked like she felt better. Daddy was glad to see she wasn't freaking out with a 1-week old and seemed to have it together.

Emmakirst said...

Wow, you are so close to having your baby! Congrats

Mom of Two said...

Oh! And I am 50% effaced.

Mom of Two said...

Kinky - someday you will be pregnant too......you better be or I think your own MIL will be very upset with you....at least she finally has a grandchild to preoccupy her time (for a while!)