Thursday, January 11, 2007

Stomach Flu

Poor little girl has the stomach flu and things are coming out both ends. She first puked at daycare right before I picked her up. Then she spent much of the rest of the afternoon & night having more puking episodes. Then last night at 12:30 came the explosive diarrhea (with a couple more of those this morning). More puking this morning, but neither for the last 5 hours (woohoo!). She's actually in good spirits except for the few seconds she spends puking.

She wants to play and take baths and talk and be read to. Right now she's playing in her walker and having a blast.

I think mom feels worse than she does. I stubbed my toes REALLY hard and one of them is all swollen and hurts and leave me walking with a limp. I was doing fine this morning until that happened. So, that has slowed me down, but I have managed to get the laundry done and that was a big chore as there was A LOT from all the puking & liquid poops. She couldn't just manage to puke on her shirt, but has to get every stitch of clothing she is wearing and I am wearing and in her bed, etc.

And to top it off, one of the cats came in puked up 2 hairballs (with all it's accompanying liquids) last night and that left me having to wash 2 of our king size blankets (each took up one wash load.)

So, there was a lot of laundry to do today.

We called her doctor and talked to her nurse (who talked to the doctor) and he said we didn't need to bring her in unless she stops nursing or if she doesn't have anymore wet diapers today or if she gets a high fever (which she hasn't gotten a fever yet from this.) But she said we are supposed to keep her home tomorrow too. So, daddy & I have figured out how we can both go to work for a bit and manage to stay home with her as well.

1 comment:

Mom of Two said...

I broke my toe.