Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Upcoming Dates (for those who are interested)

Well, I have been in touch with one of the ministers at House of Mercy about having Isabel baptized. They do baptisms on Easter Sunday and that is exactly when we will have her baptized. Their services are at 5pm. So, April 8th @ 5pm she will be baptized. That's all I know for the details right now. In a month or so I am sure we'll figure out more.

I am not sure if I want to do a big Easter dinner at our house or not. I guess I will have to see who from my family would like to come out to witness the baptism. So, it may be big or it may be small.

Also, we plan on having a BBQ for her 1st birthday party. Nothing huge or outlandish. We'll have it on her birthday, May 20th and it will be a lunch BBQ. We'll probably just invite family & neighbors, and maybe a friend for her (ya know, someone we know with kid(s)). We'll just grill out and eat cake. We'll keep it low-key with people she knows and at our house. I've seen too many people suffer through trying to throw a big party for a one year old with a bunch of kids or a dinner out for them with a bunch family. Just sounds painful to me. There will be plenty of time for bigger birthday parties once she is in school.

Well, that's it. I thought this was the quickest way to get the info out there to those who are interested. I am sure there are some people who were wondering if/when we would be doing a baptism and what we were going to do for her birthday.

No comments: