Thursday, August 10, 2006

Curly Hair


So, last night after her bath I let her hair dry naturally and she has plenty of natural curl in her hair. Because her hair is so fine, when I comb it it just lays flat, but if I let it air dry before combing, it's a crazy curly mess.

She slept 8 hours in a row again last night, then followed it up with 2.5 hours. But I think it's because she's so tired. She has been taking crappy naps this week.

Today we went over to the mall. I picked a couple of thinsg for her @ Oshkosh B'Gosh (usually they are pretty expensive, but they had some decent deals and they make nice quality stuff.) I also bought some new stuff for me, of course I had her in the Snugli so I couldn't try on anything, but I did try them on at home and they all fit. Woohoo!

I needed some new bottoms for work, as I don't quite fit into my old clothes yet. I never thought I had a flat tummy before, but now it is definitly not flat and the waist of my pants pull, as well that pulling look on my rear. I can button & zipper them, but they look too tight. So, I have to get my butt in gear and do some exercising again (I got in phases -- either I am gungho doing it or I am not.)

I watch too much of What Not To Wear to actually go back to work wearing they clothes that are too tight, plus I have some kids that need to work on being tactful and would tell me that I look like crap - guess sometimes you have to appreciate their honesty. So, I got 3 new pairs of dress pants and 1 new long skirt. It should look good with my recent top style, which consists of wearing a nursing tank bra with sometype of button down shirt layered over it.

I still have to figure out what I want to wear for pictures on Saturday. I am thinking the new long black skirt and probably a white top. We are all wearing black & white, with the exception of Isabel who will be wearing this bright pink dress that she got from one of daddy's co-workers. Actually, the pictures is why I ran over to Oshkosh B'Gosh, because I wanted to get some cute little frilly socks to go with the dress; I did. I think daddy is wearing a white linen shirt (which he wore for the maternity photos) and some black dress pants. And as long as the weather is cooperating, we're going to try to do most (or all) of the pictures outside. We're having both sets of grandparents there too so that we can do generational pictures as well.

I had 4 people ask me while we were out shopping how old she was and when I told them she was 12 weeks (she will be in 2 days), 3 of them said, "Wow, she's big of 12 weeks." Ok - I get it, my baby is big for her age. Daddy thinks it's funny and when he sees people at work who have babies that are the same age or a little old and they have pictures of their babbies up, he tells them that our baby could eat their baby. The 4th person said she looked little, I told them that was the first time I heard that today and she said compared to her grandchildren she was little.

The thing of it is is that someone has to be in the upper percentiles. And the good thing is that she gains weight as the same rate as she gains length. She may look pudgy, but she's still in a length percentile that is higher than the weight percentile. This weekend we were joking that Noah & Isabel will be beating up on Kallen (who is 3 years older than them) as soon as they can walk/crawl and get to him, both those babies are little weeds.

Hey - is it just me or do all sorts of strangers come up to people with babies. It kinda drives me nuts. I can't do anything in peace anymore. Not only am I slowed down because I need to pay attention & comfort the baby while we are out, but I have people stopping me asking me to look at the baby. Usually it is old ladies.........sometimes I don't mind and they are considerate of my time.....but when they start kissing my baby on the head while I am hodling her or have creepy Skeletor hands (kinda like Mr. Burns' hands) and seem like they want to suck the life sourceout of my child....well. then my comfort level is pushed. And sometimes I feel bad for the old ladies because their own grandchildren are old enough to have children and probably don't go to visit them anymore. Although, we rarely see Isabel's great grandparents, as we live a distance from them. But I suppose that is the consequence of our mobile society.

1 comment:

Mom of Two said...

Oh! Today's outfit is a 12 month Ralph Lauren outfit.