Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Life w/o Mom

Both Monday & Tuesday, Isabel had to be taken care of by someone other than mom and she did great. On Monday, daddy stayed home with her in the morning. He got her to go for a nap and she took a nice one and didn't get cranky until just before mom came home for lunch to feed her. Daddy was great and sent me pictures message with texts letting me know things were going well a couple of times in the morning. That helped. Then in the afternoon she went to daycare. This was really hard on mommy, but when she picked her up there was a calm, but hungry baby to greet her. That was a relief! It would have been so hard to leave her again if she was crying when I came to get her.

When I brought her home Monday night she was so chatty. It was like she had to tell me all about the other kids. All the other kids were excited to have a baby coming there. It's funny to see kids who are 1 1/2 and 2 years old calling other kids babies, but it makes them feel bigger then.

No nap for mom this day and daddy stayed home the entire day and did stuff around the house that needed to be done, like removing the ramp from the deck and painting the deck. Thanks! So, we went out for dinner at the drive-in A&W. It was nice. I nursed her in the car and she fell asleep and we ate. What I like about A&W drive-in as opposed to other fastfood is that you are under a covered parking area the entire time.

Tuesday, she went to day care all day. Her daycare lady called on Monday night asking that I bring some milk & a bottle so that she could try feeding her. So, I did. At around 10am I get a call on my cell from the daycare lady and I'm scared that Isabel is crying her eyes out and I have to come get her. But no, she was calling because she was excited that she got Isabel to eat the bottle she gave her. She used this Platex Ventaire bottle. She though she got her to drink more than she did because it uses bags and you can't really tell how much was in the bag, but she just used the 1.5 ounce I left. The 2.5 ounce bottle was still there. But hey - 1.5 ounces was more than she has drank out of the bottle before. I am sure she could have gotten her to drink more, but she thought it was "more" already and knew I was coming back at lunch time to feed her.

So, I came back at lunchtime and tried to feed her, but she didn't eat hardly anything and I ended up rocking her to sleep. I guess she only took a 1/2 hour nap that morning there. She's so into the other kids and what they are doing that she just wants to watch them. But after I rocked her to sleep she slept 3 hours (she needed that since she missed much of her AM nap.)

Today I only have to work witht he kids from 10-2 and we are going to the fair, so Isabel will come with me for that. I am glad to have all day with her. I missed her when I had to work, but being that she wasn't crying when I picked her up or came back for lunch makes it easier. The hardest part was when I left her on Tuesday morning and another kid was crying, which Isabel could hear. And it's like crying is contagious among babies, so she started crying and I had to leave her there when she was crying.

No comments: