Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Just Another Day

Today's Outfit
Last night I ran to Target after she finished nursing and bought this top for her. It's a 9-month top for babies 26-29" long (or something around that). So, she's just about to 26" and other tops look like belly shirts on her. It was only $3.99. The bottoms are from mommy's co-worker Misun. It same from The Children's Place and came with a cute little sweater (which will never bework because it is now too short.) I guess I didn't get the bottoms of these pants in the picture. They have cute pink lace on the bottoms of the legs. It's a very soft outfit. I think she will like wearing this one today.

When we were at the newborn clinic yesterday there were 2 babies there that were 3 months old. One was this little boy and his little check-in tag for his babybook said he was 23.75" long and 14lb.9oz. Isabel will be 3 months in just under 2 weeks and she's almost 2" longer than this kid and only 1 oz. bigger. The mom of this boy knew the mom of the other 3 month old girl and went over to talk to her. I didn't see the baby or here the other mom but boy's mom was loud and she was saying that her little girl is tiny compared to her little porker & they are both the same age. Hmmmm.....I'm thinking Isabel is going to be a pretty tall girl.

One of the people who work the newborn clinic (& she also instructs the ECFE baby & me class) asked how old she was and I told her 11 weeks and she said she is really long for her age. Well, guess you should see her father then.

Yesterday's Swimsuit

Since she didn't really want to nap much yesterday I decided she should go swimming in that little pool we picked up for her this weekend. The water was nice & warm, bathtub warm. So, here she is in another swimsuit, but this is supposed to be a 12 month swimsuit. If she grows any longer she will not be able to get the straps up on this without it cutting into her shoulders. You can get a good look at her chubby arms & legs here.

It was amazing last night -- she slept for 8 hours straight (8:30-4:30). Of course, mom didn't come to bed until she had already been sleeping for 2 hours. Then she got up and needed nursing and nursed very quickly (although I am sure she got plenty to eat, I tend to let down very fast and milk {is that what I call it?} very fast - sometimes too fast for her, but I can't control it.) So, she went back to sleep again for 2 hours - woohoo! mom got 8 hours of sleep! - then I woke up and thought maybe she was ready to get up as I heard her stirring. She intereacted with me a bit and then fell back asleep for another hour. Tired baby. I gues she's making up for the lousy naps she took yesterday.

No comments: