Sunday, August 06, 2006

Visiting Friends

Picture 1

Today we are going to go have dinner with our friends April & Jason and their boys Kallen & Noah.

Actually, today cute little dress is compliments of them . It was a gift to Isabel. It came with a matching sweater, but it's a little warm to wear that, and she doesn't like it to be warm. She prefers to be cool. The shoes are something grandma M. picked up for her. Her feet are smaller than these sz. 1 shoes, but with the socks on they will stay on, but there is still a lot of room at the end. These shoes are probably closest ones she has to fitting. Her other 2 pairs of sz. 1 shoes don't fit anymore, honestly I think they were more of a newborn size. So, these are still a little big, but all the size 2 shoes are WAY too big. But she doesn't wear shoes often anyways. When she does she works pretty hard to kick them off.


Picture 2

Yesterday, we picked up one of those blue plastic kiddie pools for her. I filled it with water yesterday afternoon, so hopefully it can warm up today and then she can do a little wading in their tomorrow.

She didn't like her daddy much yesterday. He pinched her finger in the clippers (don't worry, no blood was drawn), but she was sleeping when it happened and I am sure it scared her and it probably stung too. But that kind of thing is bound to happen now & again. So, later on he tried to go by her while our neighbor Cindy was holding her and she started screaming. Then that night while she was cluster feeding & falling asleep he belched REALLY loud (I was kinda scared too!) and she opened her eyes really big & started shaking while it was happening and then as soon as it was overshe started balling. He was hoping she would forget about it while she sleeped and she seems to have. She is resting on his chest right now while daddy watches a show I Tivo'ed for him, Ultimate Cars.

5 comments:

McBean said...

That story made me laugh so hard (the belching part and her being scared of that, not the pinching in the clipper thing.

She looks so cute in her dress!

Allison said...

My sister's baby is going through a stage now where she is scared of different noises and any person that is not her parents. Her little lip quivers and she starts to scream.

Too bad the knitting thing didn't take. My mother and sister both knit, so I am learning from them. It is quite amazing actually, but I think I am a more free-spirited knitter than both of them- my mother was a math teacher and she thinks numbers and patterns. I am more into the relaxation and creativity aspects. You should check out the Stitch and Bitch books and see if you can find a stitch and bitch meeting in your area. I wish they had one here.

Love all of the baby pictures. I check your blog every day. Have you checked out MurrayvilleMom?

Drea said...

That pillow shes laying on is cool!
Im sure she'll love the lil kiddy pool.

Ive never pinched Calebs fingers or toes w/ clippers but I have pinched them w/ carseat and stroller buckles.

I did on the way to the airplane actually. Left a lil bruise.. and the entire time I was on vacation he would tense up when I'd strap him in. :-(

Lame Shrill Owl said...

What is the link to MurrayvilleMom? Is it linnked on your blog I will have to check it out.

cathy said...

Hi this is Cathy! What a BEAUTIFUL girl! Wow. I love all of her baby chub! Sooooo sweet.