Friday, December 01, 2006

Some Firsts.....

Perfecting the Use of Her Monkey Toes

Ever since she was born we said she had monkey toes. She was always flexing them and grabbing our fingers with them and sticking them out to make it difficult to get socks on and her feet into things. Mommy has pretty agile toes as well, but I can't stick out those pinky toes like she does. Well, sometimes when she is playing in her crib with this vintage Fisher Price crib toy (she just loves it!) she will lean back and use her feet to move those things at the bottom (she almost never uses her hands to move those things) and to spin the yellow/blue tube at the side (that she spins with her hands all the time) and to kick the green push button. Such a funny girl.

My Hands Are Busy, So I Use My Feet

She's always so proud when she uses her feet to play. Her outfit today is a Dior one-piece she's worn before and this may be the last. Notice the pant legs creep up, althouhg they do go down to her ankles. The part that is almost too small is through her torso. And the short is an Old Navy turtleneck. I think we will get a lot of use out of that shirt. A plain white turtlenek is always a good thing to have and can be used with many outfits.

Oh What Fun it is to Play....

I wish you could have seen her expression from the front, but even from the side you can tell she is having a blast.

As for the firsts - well, Friday afternoon was the first time she had "solid" solids. I gave her small pieces of bananas and broken up pieces of Clifford Crunch, it's like an organic kiddie version of Cheerios.

The other first was for mommy and it was a painful plugged milk duct. I think I had minor ones before that I easily massgaed out and carried on with everything, but this one stuck with me Thursday night and into Friday, but Friday afternoon she got on the breast (the one with the plugged duct) and went to work and got that sucker unplugged. Its all still a little tender, but mcuh better. It really sucked going through work and feeling like I would just like to rip off my left breast. I was trying to do everything I was supposed to do, but that pump was just no match for my baby. I also didn't like that I was having to pump more often and I certinaly didn't like the pain.

No comments: